Bad Germs – How do they spread?
1. When towels and linen are used by more than one person cross-contamination of the skin can occur.
2. When someone is handling laundry using dirty hands, germs can spread.
3. When towels or clothes are washed, germs can spread between clothing items, especially between underwear, face and bath towels.
4. A startling study indicates that a load of laundry can contain up to 100 million E.coli (found in fecal matter) that can contaminate the next load.
5. Another study revealed that a load of washed clothes using a mild detergent on a cold cycle contained 0.1 gm of fecal matter.