- Rancid oils can cause free radical damage to skin
- Change in its chemical composition
- Changes in product's texture and consistency
- Bacterial growth which can cause breakouts/an allergic reaction
- Oxidation of ingredients can be harmful to skin
Expiration dates on cosmetics are there to help consumers know when a product should no longer be used. It’s important to note that most products have an expiration date and they should not be used past the date on the package. Stay informed & stay safe!When your skincare routine looks like a museum of expired products, it's time for a fresh start!
Thank you for reading!
This article of the Skinsider Scoop was graciously written by Licensed Esthetician, Zaina Hamdan, and edited by the Clean Skin Club team. If you're interested in more from Zaina, please shoot us an email, and follow her Instagram - @thedoseofglamour