80% of your progress is directly dependent on what you do outside of the treatment room.
Aside from your treatments and recommended home care, what you do with the rest is out of your esthetician's hands.
In order to see results, there are CRUCIAL things to implement at home once you are educated about them.
Are you doing your part? Ask yourself the following...
1. Am I using all of my recommended products consistently every single day?
2. Am I reapplying my sunscreen and taking measures to protect my skin?
3. Am I attending regular treatments/check ins either monthly or bi-weekly as directly by my esthetician?
4. Am I letting too much time pass between appointments/post poning?
5. Have I adjusted lifestyle factors in my environment as directed such as using Clean Towels, switching pillowcases weekly?
6. Am I using acne safe makeup and hair products?
7. Has my diet been supportive of my body and skin?
8. If I'm struggling with acne or rosacea, have I made an effort to eliminate trigger foods to see if I get relief?
9. Am I using other products/tools outside of what my esthetician recommended for me?
10. After the gym, am I cleansing my skin immediately or allowing sweat to sit on it?
11. Am I icing and spot treating my skin instead of picking?
12. Am I replenishing my products in a timely manner or allowing things to run out/going days without certain steps?
So... if you are feeling stagnant in your progress, before worrying about switching up products or asking for a stronger treatment, begin adjusting lifestyle first.
You'll be surprised how quickly things improve!
Thank you for reading!
This article of the Skinsider Scoop was graciously written by Licensed Aesthetician and Owner of Karlee Lauren Aesthetics, Karlee Lauren, and edited by the Clean Skin Club team. If you're interested in more from Karlee, please shoot us an email, and follow her Instagram - @skinwithkarlee