1. No one product or cream will miraculously clear your acne. It might temporarily help, but it will never actually address the root cause so your acne is likely to come back once you stop using said product.
2. If you stop doing the things you love because you are worried about your skin, you will start to resent yourself and your life. Don't stop living your life juts because you have a breakout. Go on that date, go to that party, keep going to the gym.
3. You can still eat "healthy" but have totally wacky blood sugar. Eating a protein-rich breakfast will do wonders for this.
4. The best skincare product i've ever purchased, hands down, is 100% pure Manuka honey. 3x per week as a face mask for 30 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water, then do your skincare routine.
5. Going vegan (or paleo or keto) won't solve all of your problems, but eating more plants can help A LOT!
6. Almost all acne issues stem from your gut. This is because the gut plays a role in all major root causes of acne - hormones, inflammation, detoxification, detoxification, etc.
7. Working with a qualified practitioner will save you TONS of time and $$$. Getting quality expert advice is always worth it and why I love helping people reach their goal quicker.
8. The moment you stop obsessing over the timeline of your healing journey, a big shift happens. Trust your protocol and the timing of your healing journey.
9. Dealing with acne can be mentally draining - having someone to talk to (a therapist, a friend, etc.) will make you feel less alone
10. Conventional acne clearing methods are risky business. Speak to a licensed professional about what is best for you and your skin.
Thank you for reading!
This article of the Skinsider Scoop was graciously written by registered Holistic Nutritionist and Acne Coach, Sisley Killam, and edited by the Clean Skin Club team. If you're interested in more from Sisley, please shoot us an email, and follow her Instagram - @thepurelife_